Questions regarding K6D110

Informationen über Kraftsensoren, 3-Achsen, 6-Achsen Sensoren, Drehmomentsensoren, Beschleunigungssensoren, Neigungssensoren, Wegsensoren, Dehnungsaufnehmer, ...
ACJM

Questions regarding K6D110

Beitragvon ACJM » Do 31. Mai 2018, 10:07

Hi,

I have some questions regarding the mechanical interfaces for these 6-axis sensors:
  1. Do you recommend using only pins, or both a central washer and pins?
  2. In case you recommend one, which tolerances and thickness do you recommend the central washer?
  3. Any recommendation about pin tolerance?
  4. Any recommendations about hardness for pin/washer?

And another question: I understand it doesn't matter whether the stator or the rotor is connected to the moving body the position of the sensor, as long as the connection cable doesn't suffer too much stress. Also, it doesn't matter the actual position of the sensor (tilted, horizontal, vertical...) as it's properly fixed. Could you confirm all this?

Thanks.

PS: I'm posting here after getting no answer by email. In the FAQ section only the last question is partially covered.

Kabelitz

Re: Questions regarding K6D110

Beitragvon Kabelitz » Do 31. Mai 2018, 19:53

Hello,
some mounting instructions for K6D110 with M10 screws
a) tightening torque 50Nm
b) thickness of the flange: 15mm
c) flatness tolerance of the flange: 0,05mm
d) dowel pins: must not be used; use only one, if you need exact rotational position. The flange has a centering collar, therefor use only clearance fits for the dowel pins, like E7/m6; use dowel pins with internal thread DIN 7979.
e) Accuracy will be reduced, if one or more screws are not tightened, or if thickness of flange is less than recommended minimum thickness, or if flatness is outside tolerance.
If possible, the sensor and counterflange should be made of the same material (steel with coefficient of expansion approx. 12 ppm / K, aluminum with coefficient of expansion approx. 23 ppm / K). If not, the temperature-related drift can be increased thereby.

Stator / Rotor: yes, you are right. But it is better to have the cable outlet at stator side (non moving side) of your construction. Sensor alignment horizontal, vertical does not matter.

best regards
Holger

ACJM

Beitragvon ACJM » Fr 1. Jun 2018, 10:00

Hi Holger,

Thank you for replying so quickly.

Why do you recommend using a DIN 7979 and not a DIN 7 pin instead? Is this to easen the removal of the pin in case it gets stuck?

For manufacturing reasons, the flange I designed doesn't have a centering collar. This is why I mentioned a centering washer. I understand this alternative is also ok for centering purposes.

Thanks.

Kabelitz

Beitragvon Kabelitz » Sa 2. Jun 2018, 08:11

Hello,
yes, it is just for easy removal. If you are using the centering collar AND a pin, then you need very accurate production with low manufacturing tolerances, because it is a double fit. Even with E7/m6 it will be difficult to remove.

Centering washer: i do not understand the function. Please keep in mind, that the force must be inserted onto the plateaus of the ring surface 100mm - 65mm. Not inside diameter 65!

"The forces is applied to an annulus (Ø100-Ø65) on the end faces of the sensor. No force is applied to the area inside the ring. A centring hole is provided to secure the angular position."

In my opinion it is good practice to avoid double fits. This is the reason, why i recommend to use either the centering collar or the dowel pin.
best regards
Holger

ACJM

Beitragvon ACJM » Mo 4. Jun 2018, 12:56

The centering washer works like the centring collar, i.e. it's for centering the position of the flange relative to the sensor (it's not intended for force transmission). The pin is for the angular position.

I need a very precise positioning, this is why I was thinking in using both washer and pin. The clerance of the screw holes, even using a close fit, is what may prevent such a precise positioning.

Of course, as you say, using both requires a manufacturing process with low tolerances.

Anyway, I'll think a little bit more about this. Thank you for your advices! :)

Zurück zu „Sensoren“