Deactivate unvanted channels of GSV-6Pi using GSVmulti

Software zur Datenerfassung: GSVcontrol, GSVmulti, GSVterm, ...;
Treiber: Labview, Windows-DLL, ...
Programmierung: Code-Snippets, ..
nithinpanand

Deactivate unvanted channels of GSV-6Pi using GSVmulti

Beitragvon nithinpanand » Do 8. Feb 2018, 09:38

Hello,
I have a GSV-6PI and a K3D60a force sensor. Is it possible to deactivate the last 3 channels of GSV-6 controller using GSVmulti software/GSV 6 Configuration tool so that I will get better data rate (new value every 1 ms)? I contacted through the support email and the GSV-6PI Github page but haven't got any reply till now. Hope I will get a reply here. Thanks.

Kabelitz

Re: Deactivate unvanted channels of GSV-6Pi using GSVmulti

Beitragvon Kabelitz » Do 8. Feb 2018, 12:11

Hello,
yes, it is possible to deactivate channels.
But firmware must be 3.14 (available since 2018)

Even it is possible to change the output frames to another format: standard is 4 bytes long per channel, binary is two bytes per channel.
With software gsvmulti there is a gui for all these settings, but therefore you must communicate directly with GSV-6 via USB.
With GSV-6PI and Ethernet or WiFi it is not possible to use GSVmulti.

But you can send the configuration commands to GSV-6. But firmware version should be from 2018, version 3.14.

In this document on page 4 are the maximum data frequencies, dependent on baudrate and number of channels. Since 2018 we deliver the GSV-6CPU with baudrate 230400/s. "Old" devices are configured with baud rate 115200/s.

In this document are the commands to change the data frame (number of channels, but it is still in german and very much commands...)
https://www.me-systeme.de/produkte/elek ... gsvcom.pdf

best regards
Holger

nithinpanand

Beitragvon nithinpanand » Do 8. Feb 2018, 13:37

Hello,
Thanks for your reply. I think I have firmware version 3.11 (as per GSV-6PI web interface Major: 3 Minor:11). But I couldn't find a firmware download page in your website. So how can i upgrade my GSV 6 to the new firmware version? Please let me know the process of updating the firmware to the latest version.

The document you mentioned to see the maximum data frequencies was not attached to the post properly. So I couldn't read it. It would be great if you can attach it again in the reply.

I have already seen the GSV-PROTOKOLLSPEZIFIKATION document and tried some commands to read some values from the GSV 6 from an external application. By the way I don't have problem with lot of commands and reading German :).

Thanks!

Regards,
Nithin

Kabelitz

Beitragvon Kabelitz » Fr 9. Feb 2018, 15:37

Hello Nithin,
actually a firmware can be made only with special adapters.
Best way is to use a new GSV-6CPU with firmware >=3.17. Attention please: The demo software and perhaps your software is propably written with 115200 baud and must be adapted.
If you want, we can configure the new GSV-6CPU with 3 channels.
Best regards
Holger

nithinpanand

Beitragvon nithinpanand » Mo 19. Feb 2018, 11:53

Hello Kabelitz,

According to the version history of gsvmulti in this link :
https://www.me-systeme.de/produkte/software/gsvmulti/anleitungen/gsvmulti_en_1.txt , it is written that number of channels in the transmitted measurement data frame can be changed from firmware version 3.11. So we tried changing the number of channels to 3 using GSVmulti and it worked. And we could configure the baudrate properly and the communication between the GSV6 and raspberry pi board also worked fine.

But the web interface for GSV6-pi is not working as expected reliably. We have a GSV6-pi with raspberry pi 3 and we installed the latest image(11/14/2016) of Raspberry pi from the link in the GSV-6pi Datasheet and did all the configuration as given in the Github page. But even then the web interface is not working fine. These are the problems we are facing :

1. When clicking on Start button the measurement is not starting reliably and the graph is not updated properly.
2. When we click on the Konfiguration tab, it loads some times properly and sometimes it loads by giving Ladetimout erreicht error.And most of the configuration values will be randomly shown at different places .For example Datarate value will be shown on Firmware Version number area and so on...
3. We need to press enter two times to save the data properly in the configuration window (it was not mentioned anywhere ) otherwise the configuration window will be stuck by showing wird ubertragen for sometime and later randomly save the data .
4. When the measurement works when clicking on start button, we get this error in the log file most of the time after few seconds
[serial2ws.WAMP_Component.router.MessFrameHandler] CRITICAL - can't compute reduced messFrame: WAMP message serialization error: ("don't know how to cbor serialize object of type %s",

Since the web interface could not be reliably used, I wrote a custom program in c# using wampsharp library to communicate between the wamp websocket created by the GSV-6pi and i was able to solve the error number 1,2,3 using my program(but if I open the web interface it will show all the errors 1,2,3 and 4). But the error number 4 is still there and this error is stopping the measurement when it happens.
[Note: Nothing was changed in the GSV-6Pi python programs or web interface html file to make my custom program work]

The issue with the web interface was there from the beginning itself even before we updated the number of channels using GSVmulti so i guess that is not the reason for the issues.

So please let me know what is causing these issues with the web interface.And please help us to solve the issue with the GSV-6pi web interface as soon as possible.

Pluk&Play

Beitragvon Pluk&Play » Mo 16. Jul 2018, 10:05

Hello Nithin and Holger,

I actually have similar questions as Nithin: I ordered the GSV-6PI in december 2017 and it came with the 3.9 firmware. Since the specifications (https://www.me-systeme.de/produkte/elek ... 6pi-en.pdf) of the device indicate that it can measure up to 2 kHz for 1..3 channels, it should be possible for us to configure this.
@Nithin: which command did you use to configure 3 channel transmission on the device?
@Holger: In my opinion firmware updates should be available to end-consumers when they enable core functionality of the device. Buying a new GSV-6CPU every time a new firmware is available is not possible for us (and also no firmware version is indicated on the website).

@Nithin: I installed the image indicated in the datasheet (https://www.me-systeme.de/setup/source/ ... 0_2016.zip). When I start the measurement, I also don't see the graph updating properly. But in 'Archiv' I can find the stored measurement with correct data. I also get the error message you mention, if I find some time, I will look into the sourcecode to see if I can find out what is happening there.

Kind regards,
Arno

nithinpanand

Beitragvon nithinpanand » Di 17. Jul 2018, 00:21

Hello Arno,

Yes. The GSV6pi is not working as expected. I tried lot of things to make it work. But every time I tried to solve a issue in the web interface/python code in GSV6pi, more issues popped up. Moreover the support here was little slow with the technical aspects of the code. So I wrote my own program to read and write data from the sensor using c# and I can read the data from the sensor every 4ms realiably with 3 channels activated.

I configured the GSV 6 CPU in the GSV6pi by directly communicating it through CAN port with the labeview based GSVmulti software(available in the company website) .If the communication with the software and GSv6pi works,then everything is easy to configure (the data transmission speed and number of channels.) Everything is self explanatory in gsvmulti software.

But actually I need 2kHz speed with 3 channels. According to me the GSV6 is capable of sending the data at this configuration. But the crossbar.io instance in the raspberry pi is not able to send the huge amount of data and something is not working with the publisher and subscriber model implemented using the python code in raspberry pi. Due to this the memory consumption of the crossbar.io increases and raspberry pi automatically kills the process if the data transmission rate is set to high.

So if we can solve this issue then everything might work fine as the company advertise. Thanks

Regards,
Nithin

QME

Beitragvon QME » Di 17. Jul 2018, 09:49

Dear Pluk&Play and Nithin,
thanks for your post here maybe I can help a little bit

You described the following problem:

@Nithin: I installed the image indicated in the datasheet (https://www.me-systeme.de/setup/source/ ... 0_2016.zip). When I start the measurement, I also don't see the graph updating properly. But in 'Archiv' I can find the stored measurement with correct data. I also get the error message you mention, if I find some time, I will look into the sourcecode to see if I can find out what is happening there.

You can use another browser like Iceweasel to fix it. The default browser of the raspberryPi doesn't show the actual graph in the window, you are right.
Alternatively, you can connect with another device/pc/tablet over ethernet, if it's in the same network, to see the website on it in Firefox or Chrome.

#documentation

The documentation is also available in English, https://www.me-systeme.de/produkte/elek ... com_en.pdf

nithinpanand

Beitragvon nithinpanand » Di 17. Jul 2018, 10:56

Hi,

Yes. Raspberry pi browser don't show the graph properly. But I was using the GSV6Pi by connecting it to my PC using Ethernet cable and was accessing the web interface using both chrome and Firefox . But still I had all the issues I mentioned in my previous posts (see my 4 points in my previous post). I guess the issue is with the code in the raspberry pi and not with the browser.

QME

Beitragvon QME » Di 17. Jul 2018, 19:24

Hello Pluk&Play & nithinpanand,
thanks for your response.

The GSV6pi-Project software is only some coding example of what is possible and a basic idea for an own software.
Actually, there are limitations and we have no official updates planned.
The software is for free and we hope that new projects are forked on the basis of our code @github https://github.com/me-systeme

We are very interested in feedback and your impressions.

But I've tested today. Here my conclusion:

#datarates GSV-6CPU

Here on page 7, you can found a little overview about possible data rates, they are possible with GSV-6CPU.
https://www.me-systeme.de/produkte/elek ... alflow.pdf

The data rate depends on 4 things ... baud rate, amount channels, chosen data format and you need some written software which can work with all data frames.
Personally, I think the software implementation over websocket/wamp is nice but not fast enough, for very high data rates.

#Browser on Raspberry

1) If you using the browser only on GSV-6pi you can install Iceweasel to see the graph in Browser there.

But you described another problem, maybe it depends on the following:

#Measuring >50Hz

2) If the data frequency is higher than 50 Hz there are errors, as you described (image) under 50Hz everything is fine.

Bild

You can adjust the sourcecode here:
https://github.com/me-systeme/gsv-6ToWA ... Handler.py

Code: Alles auswählen

line 109
if float(self.gsv_lib.getCachedProperty('DataRate', 'DataRate')) > 50.0:
    hasToReduceDataSet = True

#Measure with only three channels

Generally, it's possible. If the checkbox for CSV recording is checked ... there is some problem with GSV6_MessFrameHandler.py
https://github.com/me-systeme/gsv-6ToWA ... Handler.py

The channels 4,5,6 are hard-coded inside, you can remove them and the errors are gone.

Code: Alles auswählen

channel3': values[3], 'channel4': values[4], 'channel5': values[5]})

#loading Settings

Maybe it's helpful if you use StopTransmission() onLoad so you've got only the answers of the commands, without measurement values.

Zurück zu „Software“